Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tithing - The right thing

The right thing. Ever question about donating your time and finances to the church and the Kingdoms work? There are so many with their hands out for our hard earned dollar and labor of love with time given. Before I ever entered the ministry, I volunteered at church. I was taught store house tithing from Malachi 3:10-11 and eagerly practiced it. Why? Because the Bible teaches this and I am a christian, follower of Christ.
It is the right thing to do as a believer to be obedient to our Lord. He does not need my money but I need to give. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. You see, it all belongs to Him, not me, I am a steward of the finances of my Master. Time and energy? Where else are souls saved, lives changed, worship experienced, fellowship shared, missions and ministry carried out? Only in the church. I am a servant with no regrets of giving of time, treasures, tithes and myself. You only get to keep what you give away, think about it. I had toys in the world but I have joys with Jesus. Never complain about your time and tithe given. The Lord will take care of you as He promised. And most of all there is peace in knowing I have done the right thing. I would not take back one day or one time of my service my Lord. Yeah, It is the right thing. Br.L

No comments: