Thursday, October 25, 2012

Look around today, what do you see?

I was sitting in a waiting room doing what they do there, waiting. Not one magazine was appealing. Someone had taken the Gideon Bible and the T.V. was on a Soap Opera. I sat, soaked and soured. So, I decided to examine the room as to its content. There were flowers and greenery but they were not real. There were some prints on the wall, Monet' knock offs, they were not real either. The table looked like fine wood
but it was plastic, not real at all. The behavior of certain people was polite but as plastic as the table, false smiles, insincere words and far from real. I closed my eyes and in the crowded waiting room I prayed, there was my Lord with me, listening and finally, something, someone that is real. It is an artificial world we live in, the most real is the spiritual, supernatural, those things of God. Perhaps that is what Paul meant when wrote to the Church at Corinth, " As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are temporal, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Cor. 4:18 Faith is real. God is real, though unseen, knowable, and the Lord Jesus who died on the cross 2000 years ago, as real today. Look around today, what do you see? Br. Larry

No comments: