Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Debate In Denver

The Debate In Denver
With suits and ties pre-chosen, they squared off on the stage,
Prepped and ready, to unload the scripted page.
Each party claims a winner, each one came out on top,
When either one got started, it was hard for them to stop.
The pundits now have begun, dissecting every phrase,
No zingers or one liners spoken, no cheering voices raised.
Somehow I imagined, as my eyes were fixed

with a stare,
An image of Clint Eastwood talking, to an empty chair.
I also could not help but wonder, as I munched on a snack,
What China thought while watching, will they pay us back?
Republicans vote for their man, Democrats will do the same,
A few valuable Independents, will call the Presidents name.
I think as a nation we should not give in to fear-
It is time for the words,"Lord hear our humble prayer."
What about the price of gas? Immigration? The war?
A middle class disappearing and the plight of our nations poor?
One thing I am glad of, as I watch here from my home,
That my God has no term limits, He is always on the throne!
Br. Larry

No comments: