Thursday, October 25, 2012

My daughters

My daughters who I love equally, who are certainly not identical but special in their own unique way. Cristy, Angel, D'Ann, April and Shelly. You have placed gray hairs in my head and helped remove the rest. You have placed memories in my heart and removed any aspect of boredom I might have feared. You have taught me much about life, with amazing increase in my own personal prayer time. You have t
ested my faith and patience but at the same time toasted my life with treasure troves of love. You have provided me my own Book of Numbers, 17 grandchildren who are as much a blessing as you were when young. When my pockets are empty, my heart is full. As your father I will never wean away from the tendency to rush in when crisis occur to save the day. You have all made me embrace a gift I could receive from no other, pride in each of you. You have given me happiness and heartaches, laughter and tears but this overwhelming joy in knowing you love me outweighs all negatives. And as I look around our humble home, there you are on the shelves, walls and other one time photographs. Thank you dear daughters, the illustrations that spice my sermons, the inspirations that sprinkle my days, and the conversations that are part and parcel of my very life. I just wanted to tell you today how much your Dad loves you. However much maybe, as we measure love...I love you each one, most of all. You are prayed for, loved and appreciated today, tomorrow and forever. Please, walk with God daily, "There is no greater joy than to hear my children walk in truth." II John 4
This is from the one who wears lifes most precious name tag, DAD

No comments: