Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Hear my cry O' God; attend to my prayer."

"Sweet Hour Of Prayer" was written by a blind English preacher, W.W. Walford, a man of obscure birth and no education, yet with sharp mind a a retentive memory. It is difficult to trace his actual history. Another Minister by the same name wrote book about prayer which contained much of the same phrasing as the poem of the other Minister. Jesus had asked Simon Peter in the Garden," Could you not watch with Me one Hour?"
Mystery. Who wrote this hymn? We do know William Bradbury composed the music and the Holy Spirit has used it often. I have always found it rather convicting since my own prayer life is much short of a sweet hour. There will be no prayer in Heaven,"Farewell,farewell sweet hour of prayer." This Sunday am and pm I will be addressing the subject of prayer. Harkening back to 1845, or the present day, we really need to return to genuine prayer. I am with the Pslamist "Hear my cry O' God; attend to my prayer." Ps.61:1 Br. Larry

No comments: