Monday, February 18, 2013

Nightmare and the Psalms

Monday, February 18

My self-imposed rehab is more of a challenge than I thought.  The addiction to take care of others, to be there, to be producing something, is like a
 drug but actually a daily lifestyle.  I wonder how many people dream?  I don't often but when I do, it is a sci-fi original, that would make anyone scream like a frightened child.  Where did that come from?  Last night was fright night in a peaceful condo.  I remember Vickie asking, "Are you okay?"  She obviously missed the flesh eating zombies at midnight.

Yesterday, a great day for he books of life.  The experience in a New Beginnings church in Hollister was like being home.  Vickie cooked, on a scale of one to ten, a twelve of a meal.  Roast, cabbage, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, lemonade and to top it off...tums.  We are so different but like much of the same killer foods in farm-hand portions.  The condo smells like cabbage and the people upstairs are moving out, so it accomplished the purpose in a dual way!

I have returned to the Psalms while in study and the balance of the Book of Acts  I am realizing what a gutsy guy David was in ordering God around, questioning Him and then begging Him to act on his behalf.  Then he calls it a Psalm of David and the choir sang it on the next Sabbath.  Perhaps, that is why David was so real, transparent and spoke for us all.  My intense verse of grief, "I am weary with my moaning, every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with weeping."  Ps. 6:6.  It ends, as do most of the Psalms, in a pleasant deliverance; "The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord accepts my prayer."  v.9  David had his own flesh-eating zombies to deal with.  He was so honest.

Another chapter, another day, a new adventure.  Today I am going to be active, swim, walk and do weights.  Whew!  I'm tired just writing that sentence.  I need to walk to Arizona and back and not stop to eat.  Fat chance of that.  A slip of words.  So Lord, this warehouse of a body needs swept out and downsized to make it a fit temple.  Help!  Amen.

No comments: