Monday, February 18, 2013

Being Somewhere

Sunday, February 17

Somewhere a farmer is feeding his cattle, while a faithful dog rides shotgun.  Somewhere some poor soul is hung over and nervously tries to light that first calming cigarette.  Somewhere, a key is turned and a door is opened to a business set on making a living or a little bit more.  Somewhere, and here, breakfast is cooking, Christian music is complimenting the sizzle of frying sausage and a family of one or many are addressing the day with plans of the morning with church and worship.  So natural and needed.

The Lord gives His beloved sleep.  That is no small thing for a nocturnal person like me  my eyes are open, and I really see.  My ears are hearing faintly the birds arguing over a grass seed outside my door.  My smell is attuned to a skillet and toaster which tells my taste buds to get ready for a delight.  Mostly, my heart is open to a fresh breath of the Father's presence, so sweet.

What even this day holds is at His mercy, as am I.  An adventure of sorts, who is in the path of blessing to give, receive, connect and this right hand will warm some new persons hand, never realizing it was designed before the earth was formed.  God you are so awesome.

I have purposely left the television silent.  If a meteor falls, they have no warning, only scientific garbling.  We are under His divine watch...all the pundits and politics can't wait, most have nothing new to offer.  So, let the day be His.  Not a program but people who love Him.  I am conscious today that, I am a "Christian", all that goes with that relationship that is personal, powerful and pleasurable.

Somewhere, a hymn, a spiritual song is being sung preparing hearts for worship.  Somewhere is everywhere with the omnipresent God and He is here with me.  Thank you Lord.

No comments: