Sunday, February 24, 2013

Message In A Bottle

Sunday, February 24

It is a difficult process, the search for God's will and positioning oneself to receive it.  Three ingredients are needed.  1) Patience  2) Waiting  and 3) Faith.  In the Bible often they were told to wait for the Lord's salvation.  The Apostle James said, "Let patience have her own good work," and along the way stay faithful, or keep the faith.

After walking nearly 700 miles to Hebron from Haran, Abraham quit waiting and went into the tent of Hagar and compromised.  It makes all the difference in what God will do through you in His time than what you'll do for Him in yours.  God makes a promise, He keeps it.  Sometimes He is specific in the time but more often He wants us to rely on faith.

This past week has been an experience of waiting for me.  I have stood on the shoreline of time and looked for the proverbial bottle to wash in so I can pop the cork and read the message.  However, as I stood on the sand I saw some gorgeous sunsets and my mind was slowed.  I think God wanted me to feel the tide, see the horizon and appreciate the constant rather than look for the dramatic.  I think the ocean is full of corked bottles with various notes but only one is addressed to you.  In reality, the Word from God is not in a bottle but in the Word and inside you; sort of in the ocean rather than the bottle.

A new paradigm for me, church, life and joy are coming.  I keep tweaking the old one and looking for a change.  No, it begins with me.  I am not going quietly into that good night.  There is further ledges on the mountain of life to ascend.  My grip must be stronger, my mind clearer and the joy returning for the next level.

Father, I wait on You with great anticipation.  I serve while I wait.  Thank You for calling to me, caring for me and continuing in me.  I ask Your will be done, not mine.  I ask forgiveness for my lack of patience.  I truly love you Lord.  Amen


No comments: