Sunday, February 17, 2013

I Get It

Saturday, February 16

I awoke to a light snow and a still coldness.  At 5:30 am there is little movement, no noise except the heating unit, refrigerator and the click of the coffee pot.  S.itting at the small round table, there are three empty chairs, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  They have all had their and  my this morning.  In this company of loving holiness there can only be honesty.  Isolation, stillness and the heightened spiritual presence does that.

I prayed.  No, really prayed and it mad sense because the request all were carved out of mini sermons for each that they will never hear from me but prayerfully from the Father.  It is so quiet, I hear every tick of the large clock mounted behind the couch.  The only God made item in the room, me.  He made the hands that made the rest I am enjoying.

My Bible is open to the Psalms with a glace at David's yo-yo life and cry to God.  A contrast of righteous and evil.   Sounds familiar.  Since it is the Lord's intention for all of us to reign in life, we sense kinship with David.  God blessed David and he choked on the blessings.  Does something bad come from something good?  Certainly, if not handled correctly, the weapon of joy will discharge on your foot or someone elses.

So here I am in the re-hab of solitude wrestling with the Lord.  The image comes to mind of my children when small and ill and I have a spoonful of cure but their teeth are clenched shut and all they know is it tastes horrible.  I am that child.  I could have been well much sooner but wouldn't open up for His divine drugs of healing.  So, like my children, whine and complain about how I feel.  I am surprised some loving close friend didn't smack me in the face with a shovel and say, "would you shut up!"

Okay, I am listening.  Let the meteors of life fall.  I have my gloves on, my broom ready and I am able to see it's light clearly before its impact.  Once again, I am starting to get it.  Amen

No comments: